Update: Champions Retreat postponed until 2021
Dear B Corps,
Some time back we postponed our Champions Retreat event to October 2020, and we face the need to again postpone to early 2021. With ever-changing restrictions, we’ve made the difficult decision to postpone the Champions Retreat until 17-19 March 2021. The good news: we’re still heading to the beautiful Spring Bay Mill in Tasmania on those dates, so we look forward to gathering our community there in the new year.
Big shout out to our event partners who have been incredible at backing B Lab through this difficult time, and who have re-committed to the event with their funding and in-kind support. Without their support and leadership, we would not be able to stay committed to running a Champions Retreat at all.
Why are we postponing Champions Retreat again?
We have reached this decision in collaboration with our event partners, and have done so as the circumstances remain too uncertain for us to plan an event in October. We are concerned that the domestic travel market would not offer sufficient affordable options for us to gather, assuming interstate borders are even open. We also recognise that October may be a very busy time for businesses with ongoing work re-opening and re-organising operations.
We have considered the impact on the B Corp community, our event partners, the local businesses we have made commitments within Tasmania, and our own team. It's a tough call but we believe we do not have sufficient certainty to proceed with planning and delivering the event this year. We also plan to take the opportunity to design an event in 2021 that enables us to gather together, and also facilitates virtual connections to those who cannot travel to be there at the time. We're all getting better at this, and we are keen to redesign the event to allow us to engage with as many B Corps as possible.
Can I still ask for a refund?
Our refund policy is set out here. All proceeds of ticket sales and sponsorship are dedicated to the Retreat and continue to be held in our bank for this sole purpose. You can be assured that the event will remain feasible as long as we have people committed to come, and that should you wish to access a refund later this will also be possible. We ask only those who urgently need to access the funds now, or who are definitely unable to attend on the revised dates, request a refund through this form.
If you have any questions get in touch with your Community Manager Kira Day at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The B Lab Australia & New Zealand team